Fly Blue Crane is no longer operating
|IATA Code:||Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty Program:||In-flight Magazine:|
|7B||OR Tambo Airport||None||None||None|
Fly Blue Crane is the latest airline to take to the South African skies. On the 1st of September 2015 the airline started operations from Oliver Thambo International Airport to some of the smaller cities. These destinations are not covered by the traditional airlines therefore Fly Blue Crane does not expect any significant competition on these routes. Flights are scheduled daily from Kimberley, Nelspruit, and Bloemfontein to OR Tambo International.
Initially aircraft will be limited to the Embraer Regional Jet 145 with a passenger compliment of 50. Making use of a single line of aircraft reduces maintenance, operating and staffing cost giving them and advantage other carries do not have.
Fly Blue Crane services routes not covered by the traditional larger airline operator.
Routes serviced are:
- Johannesburg to Kimberley: On weekends there will be one flight and three flights during the week. Flights are from OR Tambo International directly to Kimberley with return flights available.
- Johannesburg to Bloemfontein: On Saturday two flight will be undertaken and on Sunday three flights. During the week the airline will have five daily flights to Bloemfontein. Flights are from OR Tambo International directly to Bloemfontein with return flights available.
- Johannesburg to Nelspruit: Flights to Nelspruit has been cancelled from the 8th of January 2016. However flights might be reinstated given the change of the economic climate.
- Bloemfontein to Cape Town: Flights are schedule daily, please see the booking area on www.flywise.co.za for times. Note these flights are seasonal dependent.
- Bloemfontein to Kimberley: Fly Blue Crane offers daily flights to this destination; please see the booking area on www.flywise.co.za for times.
Fly Blue Crane Bookings
Bookings may be made online through www.flywise.co.za. See the booking section.
Fly Blue Crane allows for 23kg checked baggage and a 7kg carry-on bag. However if additional baggage needs to be taken with the following procedures must be followed:
- Fly Blue Crane must be informed online at least 24 hours before the flight. An additional cost of R159.60 applies for a bag not weighing more than 20kg. Note that further charges are applicable if the allowed weight restriction is exceeded.
- Fly Blue Crane must be informed at least 2 hours prior to the flight. An additional cost of R228 is applicable for a bag not exceeding 20kg. Note that further charges are applicable if the allowed weight restriction is exceeded.
- At the airport on the day of departure. An additional cost of R2342 is applicable for a bag not exceeding 20kg. Note that further charges are applicable if the allowed weight restriction is exceeded.
For up to date information on baggage allowances please visit the official Fly Blue Crane website.
Fly Blue Crane does not yet have facilities to transport pets.
Children and Infants
Children pay half price of adults and infants fly free. Please note that the law requires special provisions to be made for children. Fly Blue Crane also allows for unaccompanied children older than 5 years, incapacitated or ill passengers, and pregnant women whom all can expect a high level of attention, care, and service.
Fly Blue Crane offers a wide selection of complimentary meals, snakes and tasty treats accompanied by complimentary hot and cold beverages.
Bookings can be amended online in addition payments are accepted via “VISA” and “Master” cards. It is also possible to make payment at the Fly Blue Crane service desk.