FlyCemair is a division of Cemair (Pty) Ltd, while Cemair undertakes the affairs of charter flights and aircraft leasing, FlyCemair deals solely with scheduled and regular flight services. The Cemair brand has been operational since 2005 and was originally based at the well know Lanseria Airport, it was not until late in 2012 that Cemair moved their operation to OR Tambo International.
Since 2012 the airline has not only moved their operations base they have also moved on to bigger and better prospects. Over the Easter weekend of 18 March 2016 to 20 March 2016 FlyCemair set out to do a popularity test route from Bloemfontein to George. Depending on the popularity of this route during the long weekend, the airline may consider adding it to FlyCemair’s scheduled flight list.
Cemair’s fleet is growing in leaps and bounds, in February 2013 Cemair acquired two companies i.e. Fly Twenty60 who operate flights from OR International Airport (in Johannesburg) and Lephalale (in Limpopo) and Luxair that operates flights to Sishen (in the Northen Cape).
FlyCemair also announced the launch of their SkyRewards program. The SkyRewards program is a rewards program for frequent flyers, to sign up for this rewards program simply visit their website, click on the SkyRewards link and complete the sign up process. New members will receive a membership number which will be used when making a booking, it is important to note that if you don’t use your SkyRewards membership number when booking a flight you will not receive any rewards points.
FlyCemair currently operate routes to the following destinations:
- Johannesburg (OR Tambo International) to Bloemfontein to Johannesburg (OR Tambo International)
- Johannesburg (OR Tambo International) to Margate to Johannesburg (OR Tambo International)
- Johannesburg (OR Tambo International) to Plattenberg Bay to Johannesburg (OR Tambo International)
- Johannesburg (OR Tambo International) to Sishen Kathu to Johannesburg (OR Tambo International)
- Cape Town to Plattenberg Bay to Cape Town
- Bloemfontein to George to Bloemfontein
As of May 2015 FlyCemair has made checking in a breeze, no more waiting in endless queue’s all their passengers now have the option of checking in online for any flight 48 hours before departure. Passengers will now also be able to print boarding passes as well as pre-selecting flight seats.
Baggage limits vary according to route, FlyCemair recommends that all passengers pay special attention to the luggage allowance and conditions of their flight.
Any baggage weighing more than 32kg will not be checked as baggage and will need to be booked in as separate cargo at cargo rates.
Travelling With Pets
FlyCemair knows how much you love your pets and will be happy to transport them permitted the following is adhered to:
- All animals are to be placed in a container appropriate to the animals size and weight
- All containers are to be rented from FlyCemair no less than 24 hours beforehand
- Any and all pets are to be vaccinated and proof thereof provided
- Large animals will be carried in the cargo hold
- All animals need to be dropped off and collected at the FlyCemair office.
FlyCemair has established partnerships with both Europcar and Avis rent a Car, to help get you the best deal on your car rentals.
For the best possible rates and a multitude of destination fly with FlyCemair.