|IATA Code:||Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty Program:||In-flight Magazine:|
|4Z||OR Tambo Airport||Star Alliance||Voyager||Skyways|
SA Airlink is the first airline to develop into South Africa’s feeder network, servicing smaller towns, regional hubs and centres. Operating as an exclusive Regional Feeder Airline SA Airlink is geared towards offering competitive airline fees. The airline is partnered with South African Express Airways and South African Airways; also known as the “Alliance”.
SA Airlink has developed into the largest independent airline in Southern Africa, linking more passengers to smaller cities, towns and regional hubs than any other airline. SA Airlink services 30 destinations with a fleet compliment of 41 Jetstream’s, an ERJ 135 passenger jet, and a BAe RJ85. Currently the airline has carried 1 million passengers by way of 35,000 flights yearly.
Even though the economical climate has been difficult SA Airlink has consistently grown year after year. Passenger profiles are composed of 70% business and 30% leisure.
SA Airlink Flight Routes
SA Airlink services an extensive route connecting many smaller cities and towns.
Flights are scheduled daily between the following centres:
Flights from Johannesburg
- Richards Bay
- Kruger National Park
- Durban and George
- Vilanculos and Nelspruit
- Cape Town and George
- Johannesburg and Upington and Cape Town
- Johannesburg and Kimberley and Cape Town
- Wonderboom Airport (Pretoria) and Cape Town
Please confirm with our booking section for specific times and dates.
SA Airlink has a generous baggage allowance. The allowances are as follows:
- A maximum of 30kg free checked-in luggage for business class and 20kg for economy class. For flight from Johannesburg to Bulawayo / Ndola / Harare / Lusaka the allowance has been increased to 40kg for business and 30kg for economy class. Baggage exceeding maximum weight allowances will be subject to additional cost, however no baggage over 32kg are allowed. Be advice that your ticket will specify the number of baggage piece allowed. Infants are allowed a collapsible buggy and 1 piece of luggage not exceeding 10kg.
- Business and first class are allowed hand luggage not exceeding 8kg and maximum dimension not greater than 52x40x23 centimetres. Hand luggage must be stored in the luggage compartment. Note no sharp, volatile, or flammable items are allowed.
- Wheelchair for disabled individuals is allowed
Note that luggage may be transported by the next flight if your flight does not have adequate storage space.
SA Airlink does allow for the transportation of animals however one should familiarise oneself with the proper procedure. Please feel free to visit our official website for detailed information.
It is important to be on time for the flight. We at SA Airlink suggest that you follow the following instructions to prevent any inconvenience:
- Check-in at least 2 hours before scheduled departure of international flights. Check-in closes 50 minutes before scheduled departure.
- Chick-in at least 1 hour before scheduled departure of domestic flights. Check-in closes 30 minutes before scheduled departure.
If you bought your ticker online you may check-in online (print your boarding pass) or use one of the self help kiosks.
- Those without any luggage may proceed directly to security and the boarding gate.
- Those with baggage may drop it off at the baggage drop counter (only available at selected airports) or proceed to the check-in counter.
Please note that certain documentation are required before boarding, if you do not have the required documentation you will be sent back to the check-in counter.