|IATA Code:||Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty Program:||In-flight Magazine:|
|XZ||OR Tambo Airport||Star Alliance||Voyager||Indwe|
SA Express or South African Express is an independent local airline carrier that has a strong alliance with SA Airlink and the renowned South African Airways. Viewed as one of South Africa’s more established domestic carriers SA Express made its appearance in 1994 with a major goal i.e. to be the leading carrier that connects main and secondary airports across South Africa.
SA Express Bookings
The name says it all, as part of SA Express’s service excellence they have sped up the bookings process by offering electronic ticketing on all domestic flights. The E-ticket system not only speeds up the bookings process it also offers several other benefits:
- Flight tickets cannot be lost or misplaced.
- Tickets do not need to be collected at the service counter.
- Changes to the bookings can be made quickly and easily.
- Patrons will have access to low cost flights and specials.
- Passengers simply need to quote their bookings reference number and provide positive identification; this can be in the form of a South African Passport or ID document.
To make an E-ticket booking, visit www.flyexpress.aero or your nearest travel agent.
Boarding Times and Check-in
As with all flights there is some governmental formalities that must be seen to, SA Express thus requires that all passengers report at the terminal well in advance.
- Regional flights – Passengers are to report at the terminal 2 and half hours before departure.
- Domestic flights – Passengers are to report at the terminal 1 and a half hours before departure.
All passengers are to ensure that they are on time for their flights, with all accompanying documents. Should a passenger not be on time for the book-in process or not have all the relevant documentation, SA Express have the right to cancel the flight booking!
In an attempt to simplify the book-in process SA Express have made available a “Self Check-in” facility, this facility is available at O.R Thambo International, Durban and Cape Town International Airports. Passengers that made an E-ticket booking may use these self service kiosks to check-in for flights and obtain their boarding pass quickly and easily.
Passengers may check-in by using the following methods:
- Flight Reference number
- E-ticket number
- Passport number
- Voyager membership number
The self service kiosk also allows you to book in multiple passengers (a maximum of 9), all flights are paid for via credit card, and passengers are required to have the credit card available on hand when booking in at the kiosk.
Important all boarding passes must have the E-ticket number printed on them; if the ticket does not contain this number passengers will be sent back to the check-in counter.
SA Express strive to cater to the needs of all their passengers, as such the in-flight meals cater to passengers with special dietary requirements, these include: vegetarian, low fat, Moslem, Halaal, Hindu and Kosher meals. Passengers are required to specify their dietary allowance at the time of making their flight booking.
SA Express is very lenient when it comes to baggage:
- Adult passengers are permitted to book in a 20kg luggage bag.
- Children passengers are permitted to book in a 20kg luggage bag.
- Infant passengers are permitted to book in a 10kg luggage bag.
- All passengers are permitted a carry-on bag not exceeding 8kg or 55 x 40 x 20cm.
All baggage exceeding the above mentioned will be booked in as cargo and charged accordingly.
SA Express adheres to a strict set of rules as such the following items may not be permitted in the cabin without permission from the pilot.
- Hand held calculators
- Laptop computers
- Audio tape recorders and players
- Hand held play station devices
Equipment permitted in the cabin
- Hearing aids
- Wrist watches and clocks
- CD players
- Medical equipment
Equipment not permitted for use in the cabin
- TV, AM and FM transmitters
- Walkie talkies
- Toys operated by remote control
- Video equipment (portable)
- Power convertors
- Laser pointers